Helpful Tips for Specific Cases

    For cases involving specific requests or agencies, my staff will need additional information from you in order to make an inquiry on your behalf. When relevant, please include this additional information in your written correspondence to one of my district offices. For your convenience, I have provided a list of helpful pointers for specific requests or agencies below.

    • Internal Revenue Service Cases: Please complete the IRS Casework Privacy Release Form.

    • Office of Personnel Management Cases: Please provide your CSA or CFA number, social security number and date of birth. To report the death of an annuitant or appyl for survivor benefits, please provide a copy of the death certificate.

    • Social Security Cases: Please apply for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits before contacting my office, then provide information on where you filed your claim or appeal and where you are in that process.

    • Immigration Cases: Please file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) before contacting my office, then provide a copy of your receipt notification.
    • Veterans Affairs Cases: Please provide your VA claim number and social security number. To request copies of documents from your Official Military Personnel File or DD 214, please complete the Veteran Casework Privacy Release Form.

    • Workers' Compensation Cases: Please provide your social security and case number for the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs.

    • Military Cases: Please provide your military rank, social security number and unit of assignment.
    • Passport Requests: Please provide your date of birth and tracking number or social security number.
    • Visitor Visa Requests: Please provide the beneficiary's full name, passport number and the embassy where the visa application was made.