Assistance Available to Firefighters Seeking Federal Grant
Those seeking assistance can attend a July 18th workshop in Dover.
WILMINGTON – Sen. Carper announced today that a free workshop to help those interested in applying for the 2011 Assistance to Firefighters Grant will be held on July 18, 2011 in Dover, Del. Since 2001, the Assistance to Firefighters Grant has helped firefighters and first responders obtain the essential tools they need to be safe and effective on the job such as protective gear, equipment, emergency vehicles, and training. The application period for the 2011 Assistance to Firefighters Grant has not yet been set, but the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) suggests that applicants begin preparing their applications for this competitive grant now.
FEMA Fire Grants Specialist Lori Bainbridge will conduct this workshop to provide up-to-date program information and grant writing technical assistance for potential applicants from 1 – 3 p.m. at the Dover State Fire School, 1461 Chestnut Grove Rd., Dover, Del. 19904.
FEMA gives these following tips to get ready for the application period:
- Attend the July 18, 2011 workshop in Dover, Del.
- Call the help desk at (866) 274-0960, or e-mail email@example.com for answers to your questions.
- Locate your user name and password from previous grant years.
- Use the same user name and password on your new application.
- Decide on a main point of contract.
- For more information, go to www.fema.gov/firegrants.