Sen. Carper Reminds Delawareans to Prepare for Upcoming Storm
Sen. Tom Carper wants to remind Delawareans to prepare for the upcoming storms
approaching the state. Below is information for constituents about hurricane preparedness and useful resources. Proper preparation for hurricanes can help save homes, property, and even lives.
Hurricanes and other tropical disturbances can be unpredictable and can suddenly change course and intensity. As Hurricane Sandy approaches the East Coast and the
Mid-Atlantic region, follow your local news and regularly visit the Delaware Emergency
Management Agency website and the National Hurricane Center’s website. Both will provide the most updated information on Hurricane Sandy’s trajectory, including its expected impact on Delaware.
I strongly encourage everyone to think ahead and create emergency preparedness
kits so that you and your family can be better prepared for this storm. Visit FEMA’s emergency preparedness website to learn what to include in your kits. It is always
better to be over prepared in the case of an emergency.
If you need help or have questions, please contact my offices, and we will do our best to assist you with your needs.
- Wilmington: (302) 573-6291
- Dover: (302) 674-3308
- Georgetown: (302) 856-7690
- Washington, DC: (202) 224-2441
Find Information on Emergency Notifications, Evacuation Routes and More Preparation Measures for Each County Below:
Delaware Emergency Notifications
- Delaware Emergency Notification System
- This system will notify Delaware residents in the event of an emergency in their area.
- To register your mobile telephone, call 1-866-484-3264, or log on t https://alertregistration.com/dema/.
- Additional information regarding this program is available on the Delaware Emergency Management Agency website at http://dema.delaware.gov/brochures/DENS_Flyer.pdf.
- Sussex County Hurricane Preparedness
- Sussex County Evacuation Routes
- Sussex County Emergency Operations Center
- Phone: (302) 855-7801
- Twitter: @SussexCtyDE_EOC
New Castle County
- New Castle County Hurricane Preparedness
- New Castle County Emergency Management
- Planning for Emergencies and Disasters
- What to Do During a Disaster
- Phone: (302) 395-2700
- Twitter: @ncco_de
- Kent County Emergency Management
- Phone: (302) 735-3465